Mani Ratnam Net Worth in 2021 is $18 Million (Rs. 130 Crore)
A film is said to be an audience film or purely completed if it has good content, an extraordinary story, and a proper direction that justifies the story. One such person who is the master of Direction and Film making is Mr. Mani Ratnam, the Tamil Superstar of Film Making. Mr. Mani Ratnam once quoted “I never get tired of making films” is now the most appreciated and successful filmmaker in the country.
Here, we will discuss about Mr. Mani Ratnam’s profession, achievements, earning, wealth and most importantly his net worth.
Mr. Mani Ratnam is a Film Director, Film Producer and a screenwriter, and is considered as one of the most influential filmmakers and the man responsible for revolutionising the Tamil Film Industry and the Indian Cinema.
He is said to be the actor’s director which takes the best of them and is one of the most successful Film maker in the country. Also he is one of the highest paid Directors, which also makes him the richest contender in terms of net worth.
Mr. Mani Ratnam started his career in the year 1986 and till now, he has made multiple super – hit films and has achieved various Award and Honours, some of his achievements are listed below
- “Padma Shri” by the Government of India in 2002.
- Was honoured with “Jaegar – Lecoultre Glory to the film maker at the 67th Venice International Film Festival.
- “Sun-Mark” lifetime achievement award in the year 2015.
- And various National Film Awards, Film Fare Awards, and State Awards.
Mani Ratnam Net Worth
The total net worth of Mr. Mani Ratnam is estimated to be $18 Million, which in Indian currency is approximately 130 Crore Indian Rupee (i.e. approx One Hundred and Thirty Crore INR), it has been observed that the net worth of Mr. Mani has been increasing at about 45% in the past few years. The majority of income comes from remuneration from movies which include Film Direction, Film Producing, and scriptwriting, and also from his personal investments.
With such huge profits and earnings, Mr. Mani Ratnam is always on the top spot when it comes to sharing, charity, and social work. Mr. Ratnam is also on the top spot when it comes to payment of Income tax, he is one of the highest taxpayers in the country.
|Net Worth (2020)||$ 18 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||130 Crore INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||2 Crore +|
|yearly Income||20 to 22 Crore +|
Mani Ratnam Net Worth
Assets of Mr. Mani Ratnam House Property:
Gopala Ratnam Subramaniam or Mani Ratnam is one of the few Indian film directors who demand the attention of the public. His movies have that charm that makes people watch them just for the sake that the movie is made by him. His style of making the film, the silence in between the scenes and the way the plot develops they all have a sense of uniqueness.
House: Mani Ratnam sir resides in Chennai and owns a luxury designer house Alwarpet, Chennai, India. The value of this house is estimated to be 3 Crore INR which he bought in the year 2006.
Cars: Mani Sir has an Average car collection. Some of the luxury cars which he owns are BMW and Mercedes Benz which cost around 1.2 – 2 Crore INR each.
Average Income/ Movie remuneration: the average movie remuneration which is included in his net worth is as follows:
|Estimated net Worth||Rs. 130 Crore INR|
|Average Movie Remuneration||Rs. 5-6 Crore INR|
|Personal Investments||Rs. 55 Crore INR|
|Luxury Cars||Rs. 3 Crore INR|
|Income tax PY||Rs. 3.2Crore INR|
Mani Ratnam Net Worth
Let us have a look at the facts about Mr. Mani Ratnam’s Approx Annual Earnings for the last few years which are a part of his net worth:
|2019||Rs. 24 Crore INR|
|2017||Rs. 21 Crore INR|
|2016||Rs. 23 Crore INR|
|2015||Rs. 20 Crore INR|
Mani Ratnam’s Net Worth Sources:
Mani Ratnam Sir is one of the most popular Director, producer and film maker in India and his work had been appreciated all over the country and has been honoured with various International Awards. He has also invested in multiple real-estate properties and also has a huge personal Investment. Thus, we can be very positive that the net worth of Mani Ratnam sir will keep on growing through the years.
About Mani Ratnam:Biography
Mr. Mani Ratnam was born on 2nd June 1956 at Chennai, India. His real name is Gopala Ratnam Subramaniam. Mr. Subramaniam made his debut with the Kannada Movie Pallavi Anupallavi. Also he has directed movies in four different languages Hindi, Tamil, Kannada and Telugu.
Mani Ratnam has won:
- 6 National Award
- 9 FilmFare Awards
- 12 International Film awards
Mani ratnam’s most popular movies are:
- Mouna Ragamhalapati and many more
10 unknown interesting facts about Mani Ratnam
Everyone has got some little secrets or truths about their life but when it is about our favourite person, we develop a keen interest in going through the pages of our favourite person’s life book. We hope we have given you a brief yet attention grasping reading stuff from Mr. Mani Ratnam’s life.
- Mani Ratnam’s movie ‘Nayagan’ which star kamala Hasan in the lead role was selected as one among the 100 best films in the world by Times Magazine. Also, his movie Roja was the only Indian movie to get selected to be featured on the TIME Magazine’s 10 Best Sound Tracks of all-time list.
- Mani Ratnam has a strange habit and that is he never prefers wearing a watch on his wrist, but one would see him carrying a watch in his pocket to check.
- Till date, the movie, ’16 Vayathinile’, is his favourite movie. As feels that the movie perfectly blends the aspects of a good story with a notion of mass entertainment, which made it a grand success.
- Mani Ratnam hails from Tamil Nadu but surprisingly he did not make his debut in Tamil cinema. In fact, he made his directorial debut with a Kannada movie called ‘Pallavi Anupallavi’. This film has Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor and Lakshmi in the lead roles. Late director and cinematographer Balu Mahendra was the DOP for this movie.
At the end, we wish Mr. Mani Ratnam a successful year ahead with lots of achievements and a good health full of love. May he keep achieving his goals and keep growing his net worth always!
Disclaimer: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.