Karan Johar Net Worth is $ 200 Million (Rs 1450 Crore )
|Net Worth (2021)||$ 200 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||1450 Crore INR|
|Profession||Indian film director|
|Monthly Income And Salary||10 Crore +|
|yearly Income||100 Crore +|
The super hit director has a total net worth of 200 million USD, which in Indian currency turns out to be 1400 crores INR which is a considerable amount.
He is one of the most famous and respected film fraternities in Bolly Wood industry. His recent directorial film is “ae dil hai mushkil” which was a super hit movie at the box office.
In this article , we will discuss Karan’s movies, brand endorsements, his role as filmmaker and most importantly, his earnings and net worth. Mr Karan Johar is not just a Director and a Producer.
Still, in recent years he has taken different roles such as acting, costume designing, a screenwriter, television host, judge to many reality shows and also is a mentor to many young talents in the film industry.
Apart from such a vast responsibility, Karan earns a massive sum of money from all his professions, and thus his net worth is also one among the top filmmakers in the country.
Karan Johar Net Worth
The super hit director has a total net worth of $ 200 million, which in Indian currency turns out to be 1450 crores INR, which is a considerable amount. Also, Karan is one of the highest-paid directors in the country and takes about 2 – 3 crores per movie for his direction alone. Mr Johar recently invested in a movie from south India viz “Bahubali – the conclusion” and earned a massive amount of share, as the movie crossed over 1500 crores all over.
It has been observed that Mr Johar has an 80% rise in his net worth in the past few years, which is so extraordinarily remarkable. With lots of money comes a sharing heart, Karan has recently donated a sum of 5 crores INR to the Indian Army Services. Karan Johar is one among the highest taxpayers from the film industry.
Let’s us have a look over Mr. Johar’s remuneration from different professions he works on and has invested in.
|Movie Remuneration for Direction||Rs. 3 Crores|
|Personal Investments||Rs. 480 Crore|
|Luxury Cars||Rs. 7.5 – 8 Crore|
|Endorsement Fees||Rs. 2 Crores|
|Income Tax||Rs. 23 Crores|
Let us have a look over Mr. Johar’s earnings from the past few years which are a part of his net worth:
|2016||Rs. 75 crores|
|2015||Rs. 64 crores|
|2014||Rs. 60 crores|
|2013||Rs. 58 crores|
|2012||Rs. 45 crores|
Karan Johar House Property:
Let us have a look on his prominent assets.
Karan Johar stays in a sea-facing flat, a duplex mansion at Carter Road, Mumbai, India which he bought in the year 2010. The 8000 sq feet duplex cost him a minimum of Rs. 40,000 per sq feet. When he bought the house, it costed him around Rs. 32 crores. He also owns another house at Malabar – Hills, Mumbai, India which cost him around Rs. 20 Crores.
Karan Johar Cars:
He owns a few luxury cars which are estimated to value around 7.5 – 8 crores. The car brands include BMW745, BMW760, Mercedes S class, etc.
Karan Johar’s Net Worth Sources:
Actors and Filmmakers always depend hugely on the success rate of the film. Johar’s films are always a massive success with content as well as money. Also, Karan has invested heavily in real estate and also is a Film producer. Considering his current performance and record-breaking achievements, we can be very optimistic about the net worth, which will be growing throughout the coming years.
About Karan Johar: Biography
Karan was born on 25th May 1972 in Mumbai, India. His full name is Karan Dharma Kama Johar. He is unmarried till date and is a single father to twins through surrogacy. Karan named his son “Yash” after his father’s name and her daughter name “Roohi” after his mother’s name (Hiroo).
|Real Name||Karan Kumar Johar|
|Age||48 years old (2020)|
|Official Twitter Handel|
|Birth Date||25 May 1972|
|Karan Johar Wife :||unmarried|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020||1450 Crore INR|
|Estimated Annual Salary||Rs 9 Crore|
Karan Johar Movie Career Facts
Karan Johar started his career as a director, His debut movie as a director was “kuch kuch hota hai” and from there on this man has been unstoppable. Before becoming a director, Karan used to assist Mr. Aditya Chopra in the blockbuster movie “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge”.
In the miss world Competition held in Poland, in September 2006, Karan Johar was the only Indian Film Maker to be a jury member in the competition.
Karan Johar is the second Indian to be invited to the opening ceremony of the London Olympics; the first Indian to do so was former Prime Minister Mr Manmohan Singh.
He was featured as the world’s best “250 Global Young Leaders” by the world economic forum in the year 2007. He was a true believer of numerology and was obsessed with the letter “K”. Previously, all his movies started with the letter “K”, but he has left this practice now. The best example for this is his latest movie, ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’.
10 unknown interesting facts about Karan Johar
- Karan Johar worked as a costume designer before debuting as a film director with Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Interestingly, his job as the costume designer was to style Shah Rukh Khan in DDLJ. KJo found his passion for dressing up celebs and became the costume designer for SRK in Dil Toh Pagal Hai and Veer-Zara, and for Amitabh Bachchan in Mohabbatein.
- Karan Johar can speak French as fluently as his native language. He is one of the rare Bollywood celebs to have obtained a Master’s degree in French.
- Karan Johar is the only Indian apart from former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who has been invited as the guest at the opening ceremony of the London Olympics.
- Shah Rukh Khan’s character in the film Kal Ho Na Ho of a dying man with an undying spirit of life, is loosely inspired by how his father was in real life. Kal Ho Na Ho is the one film that KJo says he regrets not directing himself. The film was directed by Nikhhil Advani.
- Karan Johar considers Kajol his lucky charm in Bollywood and that’s the reason he makes sure to reserve a special appearance of the actor in all his films whether in a song or in a tiny glimpse here and there.
- Karan Johar’s father Yash Johar was a popular filmmaker and wanted to launch him as an actor. He was all set with a film but destiny had other plans.
- Karan Johar actually got inspired by a film to end his belief in superstitions. Before he watched Lage Raho Munnabhai, the title of all his movies began with the letter ‘K’.
- After he watched the climax scene of the Rajkumar Hirani directorial in which Sanjay Dutt and Saurabh Shukla have a conversation about superstitions, KJo stopped believing in numerology.
- He got the idea of making Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna when he overheard a couple in a restaurant who were getting separated that day. The incident moved him so much that he decided to make a movie on the entire issue of marriages, separation, and finding the right partner. KJo received a lot of criticism for glorifying cheating in marriage.
- Karan Johar’s ultimate dream is to hold an Oscar in hand and dedicate it to his country.
- He once mentioned that he has rehearsed his speech so many times that he can’t ever forget what he would say on the stage if he gets there someday. “This is for you, India,” is what KJo dreams to speak from Oscar’s stage.
He has great friends throughout the industry & he always succeeds to keep upto them We wish him a lot of success in the years to come!
Disclaimer: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.