Dhanush Net Worth in 2021 is Rs 145 Crores ($20 million)
|Birth Date||28 July 1983|
|Birth Place||Theni Allinagaram|
|Wife||Aishwarya R. Dhanush (m. 2004)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020||145 Crore INR|
|Estimated Annual Salary||12 Crore|
It was 2011 and the song “Why this Kolaveri Di” was released on YouTube. The song became a rage among the youth and became an instant hit, and Dhanush became an overnight sensation. Even now – “Why this Kolaveri Di’ is said very frequently and a lot of memes are based on this dialogue.
Although Dhanush had cemented his position as an actor in the Tamil Film Industry already, but the song made him an overnight star. In this article, we will be discussing about Dhanush, his career, his cars, his net worth.
Dhanush Net Wealth
Venkatesh Prabhu Kasthoori Raja or simply Dhanush (which is his stage name) was born on 28th July, 1982 in Theni, Tamil Nadu. He is an actor, singer, lyricist, director and screen writer. He has won 3 National Awards, he has also won the Film fare Award, also 7 Film fare Awards South and even 9 Vijay Awards.
Dhanush started his career in 2002 with film Thulluva dhoIlamai. The movie was praised by audiences and critics alike. But it was 2003 released Kadhal Kondein which won him accolades and is considered to be his first breakthrough performance. He made his Bollywood debut in 2013 with Anand L Rai’s Raanjhanaa starring alongside Sonam Kapoor.
The movie became super hit and Dhanush was praised for his performance even in Bollywood. He made his directorial debut with the movie Power Paandi
Dhanush Net Worth
The net worth of Dhanush is estimated to be around $20 million which is roughly equivalent to Rs. 145 Crores. As per Forbes, his annual earnings for the year 2019 was of Rs. 31.75 Crores.
|Net Worth (2020)||$ 20 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||145 Crore INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||1 Crore +|
|yearly Income||12 Crore +|
Dhanush Net Worth
His earnings depends on the fees receivable from movies, brand endorsements and also from his stage shows. Also, he owns his own movie production company Wunderbar Films in Chennai. As per trade analysts, Dhanush charges Rs. 7 Crores to Rs. 10 Crores per movie. His production company has produced 19 movies which have earned good returns.
CARS: His collection of cars includes Rolls Royce Ghost worth approx. Rs. 6 Crores, Audi A8 worth Rs. 1.25 Crores and even the marvelous Ford Mustang worth Rs. 75 Lacs.
HOUSE: He also owns a bungalow in Chennai which is valued around Rs. 20 Crores.
Awards and Recognition
- National Award for Best Actor in 2010 for Aadukalam.
- Film fare Award for Best Debutant Actor (Male) in 2013 for Raanjhanaa.
- Vijay Award for Best Entertainer of the year in 2017 for Pa Paandi.
- Film fare Award South for Best Actor in 2018 for Vada Chennai.
- He was ranked 64th by Forbes India in its Celebrity 100 list.
- Dhanush’s father Kasthuri Raja is a very well known director and producer.
- He is the son in law of superstar Rajnikanth.
- Dhanush never wanted to be an actor, he always wanted to become a chef. He became an actor because of his brother.
- His song Why this Kolaveri Di became the first Indian music video to cross 100 million views on YouTube.
Net Worth of Dhanush Sources:
The richest people don’t have any dependency to rely upon. Dhanush has personal investments, and his vision for environment is increasing very rapidly. He is one of the best actors that we have in the present time.
He shares a huge fan following across India and around the world and always manages to deliver something new and interesting to his audience. Considering his current performance and annual growth of his films, both acted and produced by him, as well as of the individual, we can be very positive about his net worth which will be growing through the years to come.
Top 10 unknown facts about dhanush
- After entering the South Indian film industry at the age of 16, the actor decided to change his real name Venkatesh Prabhu Kasthuri Raja to Dhanush.
- Surprisingly, a commendable actor like Dhanush never even dreamt of becoming an actor. He wanted to become a chef and pursue hotel management instead. All thanks to his elder brother, Selvaraghavan and his father, he gave it a shot in the industry and we owe both of them a great debt for pursuing him to act.
- One of the most promising actors from South, Dhanush made a blockbuster entry in Bollywood with the superhit film, Raanjhanaa. He bowled everyone over with his natural acting in Raanjhanaa and now with Shamitabh in his kitty, Dhanush is set to charm everyone again.
- Despite being the son of famous director, Kasthuri Raja, the son-in-law of megastar, Rajinikant, and achieving success in the South film industry, Dhanush is humble and down-to-earth.
- Being an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva, Dhanush, who is married to Superstar Rajinikanth’s eldest daughter Aishwarya Rajinikanth, named their two sons Yatra (pilgrimage) and Linga (synonymous with Shiv Lingam).
- All of us know that our favorite ‘Kolaveri Di’ was an ultimate hit all around the world, but what you won’t believe is that Dhanush wrote this power-packed song’s lyrics within 6 minutes and to top it the rough version was recorded in 35 minutes only.
- This zestful star is also inclined towards producing Tamil films and is an incredible singer as well. He also owns a production house Wunderbar Films and it’s jointly managed by his wife Aishwarya R. Dhanush.
- Reportedly, Dhanush was head over heels in love with a girl when he was 16 years old, but unfortunately, she dumped the actor after he flunked his class 12 exams.
- In 2011, Dhanush bagged the title of being India’s ‘Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity’ and also became the Brand Ambassador of PETA. Dhanush is one of the few stars who have managed to bag the title of being the hottest vegetarian celebrities.
- Dhanush is inclined towards music. He writes and sings Tamil songs.
Disclaimer: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.