Amitabh Bachchan Net Worth: $550 Million (Rs 4000 Crores)
|Net Worth:||$550 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Oct 11, 1942 (78 years old)|
|Height:||6 ft (1.85 m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Presenter, Film Producer, Singer, Voice Actor, Television presenter, Playback Singer|
Amitabh Bachchan Net Worth is 2920 Crore INR in 2020 ($400 Million): He is the man who redefined acting in Indian cinema with his angry young man character and he does not need introduction as the name is enough to describe his personality.
He is Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, he is also known as “Big – B” by his fans. Mr. Bachchan is an actor – producer of Bollywood Hindi Cinema. His work is appreciated all across the globe during last 40 years.
Net Wealth Amitabh Bachchan 2021
In this article, we will discuss about Mr. Bachchan’s movie career, Television Career, brand endorsements, his productions, personal investments, awards and mostly about his earnings and net worth.
Sources of Amitabh Bachchan Income in 2021
In Duff and Phelps celebrity brand value ranking of 2017, Amitabh Bachchan ranks number 8 with the brand value of USD 36 million. So basically he is making around Rs 200 Crores each year from brand advertisements and endorsements. He charges ardound Despite the rise of millennial endorsers, Amitabh has consolidated his position in the advertising world.
The megastar, according to Jagran Josh, charges Rs 3-5 crore/episode. which has around 20 episodes normally each year .So he makes around Rs 75 Crores from KBC each year.
He did only one major film called Gulabo Sitabo in 2020 due to corona pandemic. he charges around Rs 20 Crores per film. So , he made another 20 crores here.
By his own sheer work he must have generated around Rs 300 Crores in 2020 .
His net wealth of 400 Million at the beginning of 2020 , would have given him the return of 15-20% considering the share market surge,FD rates and other con.siderations. SO his asset would have increased by 450 miliion ue to annual returns which is around 3300 Crroes .Adding 300 Crores from his own work makes it to 3600 crores
This calculation is approximate calculation based on media reports and fianncial logic of 2020 investments returns and work profile of Amitabh Bachchan in 2020 in Corona Pandemic.
Amitabh Bachchan Bollywood journey
Amitabh Bachchan started his film career in the year 1969 as a voice narrator in the National Award winning film “Bhuvan Shome”, directed by Mrinal Sen. His first acting role was in the movie “Saat Hindustani”, directed by Khwaja Ahmad Abbas. Apart from movies, Mr. Bachchan has also worked as playback singer and television presenter.
Mr. Bachchan turned producer in the year 1996 and established his production house viz. Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Ltd. (ABCL). He has been a TV anchor & presenter for the most popular game Hindi game show “Kaun Banega Crorepati”, which was adapted from the British Television game Show, Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Mr. Bachchan is one of the highest paid actor in Hindi cinema and also, among the top celebrities with the highest net worth.
Amitabh Bachchan Net Worth 2020
The total net worth of Mr. Amitabh Bachchan is estimated to be around 400 Million USD, which in Indian Currency is approximately 3000 Crore INR. He earns majority of his earnings from Brand Endorsements for which he charges Rs. 5 – 6 Crores.
With such an achievement, Amitabh Sir is always ahead when it comes to social cause and charity work. He is the Brand ambassador for Polio treatment and various other states of India for tourism. Also he is among the highest payer of income tax in the country.
Mr. Amitabh Bachchan’s House Property :
Amitabh Bachchan Houses:
Mr. Bachchan owns a total of 5 Bungalows named “Jalsa, Janak, Prateeksha, Vatsa, etc.” in Mumbai, India. He also has an ancestral home in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh which is being converted into an educational trust.
Amitabh Bachchan Cars:
Mr. Bachchan has a royal collection of cars which includes 11 luxury cars. The car brands he owns include Lexus, Rolls Royce, BMW and Mercedes.
From a Rolls Royce Phantom, Land Rover Range Rover Vogue, Porsche Cayman S to a Bentley Continental GT, Amitabh Bachchan has the most luxurious cars parked in his garage today. However, the first ever car he bought was a second-hand Fiat that according to The Times of India, the Pink actor bought in Kolkata.
Amitabh Bachchan Salary movie remuneration
Mr. Bachchan charges around Rs. 15-20 Crore as a remuneration fee for a movie and Rs. 5 Crore for brand endorsement fees.
Investments: Mr. Bachchan has invested heavily in real-estate businesses, he also bought a major stake in Just Dial i.e. 10%, also he has invested his money in tech companies in USA majorly dealing with cloud computing.
Let us have a look at the facts about Mr. Amitabh Bachchan’s Approx Annual Earnings for the last few years which are a part of his net worth:
|2018||Rs. 63 Crores|
|2017||Rs. 58 Crores|
|2016||Rs. 55 Crores|
|2015||Rs. 52 Crores|
|2014||Rs. 45 Crores|
|2013||Rs. 46 Crores|
|2012||Rs. 41 Crores|
Amitabh Bachchan’s Net Worth Sources:
Amitabh Bachchan is the super star of Bollywood film industry and veteran actors in India Bachchan is also a film producer, Stage performer and reality TV show Host,Singer, Compere . He has also invested in many real-estate properties ,some of his houses have been mentioned above . Thus, we are sure that the net worth of Bachchan sir will keep on growing through the years.
Amitabh Bachchan Family:
- Name: Amitabh Harivansh Rai Shrivastava Bachchan
- Parents: Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan, Shyama
- Daughter: Shweka Nanda
- Son: Abhishek Bachchan
- Height: 6ft 2in (188 cm)
- Weight: 176 lbs (80 kg)
Mr. Amitabh Bachchan was born on 11th October, 1942 in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. His full name is Amitabh Harivansh Rai Shrivastava Bachchan. He currently stays at Bungalow Prateeksha, Mumbai.
Mr. Bachchan is married to the famous actress, now a member of parliament Mrs. Jaya Bhaduri and has two children Shweta and Abhishek Bachchan.
Mr. Amitabh Bachchan has been awarded with “Padma Shri” in 1984, Padma Bhushan in 2001, and Padma Vibhushan in 2015. Mr. Amitabh Bachchan has won several awards including four National Film Fare Awards as Best Actor and many International Film Festival Awards.
About Amitabh Bachchan Biography
|Age||78 years old (2020)|
|Official Twitter Handle|
|Spouse:||Jaya Bachchan (m. 1973)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020||2920 Crore INR|
Books on Amitabh Bacchan
There have been several books written on and about Mr. Amitabh Bachchan which are:
- Amitabh Bachchan: the Legend was published in 1999
- To be or not to be: Amitabh Bachchan in 2004
- AB: The Legend (A Photographer’s Tribute) in 2006
- Amitabh Bachchan: Ek Jeevit Kimvadanti in 2006
- Amitabh: The Making of a Superstar in 2006
- Looking for the Big B: Bollywood
- Bachchan and Me in 2007
- Bachchanalia in 2009.
Amitabh Bacchan movies
Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, was once rejected by All India Radio and now he is one of the most inspirational voices of the nation.
Before his hit film Zanjeer, Amitabh delivered twelve consecutive flops, where the nation discovered his angry young man character and was appreciated enormously.
Amitabh Bachchan is also a part several international projects one of them which is “The Great Gatsby”.There was a time in his career that made him bankrupt, but the mega star never lost hope and is now among the highest paid actors. He had opened a production house named ABCL which gave him major losses . He was helped by his then friend Amar Singh.
Amitabh considers joining politics was a disaster in his career. He stood for elections and failed drastically. He left politics and is no more part of any political career. .
10 Interesting facts about Amitabh Bacchan in 2021
- Amitabh’s first HIT movie was ‘Zanjeer’ in 1973. Earlier, his 12 films had flopped.
- Amitabh’s second job was in Kolkata as a broker. Before movies, his last salary was Rs.1680. While in Kolkata, he had bought his 1st car that was second-hand Fiat.
- In the movie “Coolie,” in a particular fight scene, he was seriously injured and hospitalized , the exact moment is stopped in the film with a freeze frame and a message – “This is the shot in which Amitabh Bachchan was seriously injured,” is displayed in three languages – English, Hindi and Urdu.
- Amitabh Bachchan was awarded with Padma Vibhushan by The Government of India in the year 2015. The Padma Vibhushan is the second-highest civilian award in India given for exceptional and distinguished service.
- Amitabh Bachchan suffered rejection several times in the early days of his career. He had many such experiences from Nainital to Delhi where he studied as a school student. In starting his aim was not media or entertainmen. He wanted to go in Air Force and wanted to serve the country.
- He was rejected by Staff selection Board which selects air force aspirants in Allahabad
- Amitabh started his bollywood career in 1969 as a voice narrator in Mrinal Sen’s Bhuvan Shome. Director Satyajit Ray also used Bachchan’s voice in his 1977 film Shatranj Ke Khiladi.
- He is the first Indian actor to have been paid over 1 Crore INR in remuneration for films. In fact, he was the only star till the 1990s to have been paid in crores.
- In the initial days of his career when Amitabh was struggling actor, at that time music composers Kalyan Ji Anand Ji helped him.
- He was conferred with the Honorary Citizenship of the French town of Deauville, in the year 2003.
- He has a passion for collecting watches and is also known to never wear a watch twice.
May he live a very happy and healthy long life. At the end, we wish Mr. Amitabh Bachchan lots of success and happiness.
Disclaimer: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.