- Sunny was born in Canada to Sikh Punjabi parents, who later mirated to the USA.
- She was athletic in her younger days and used to play street hockey and ice skating.Sunny Leone in Her Childhood
- She did her schooling from a Catholic school, as her parents felt it unsafe for her to go to public school.
- She had her first kiss at the age of 11 and lost her virginity to a basketball player at the age of 16.
- When she was 18 years old, she realized that she is bisexual. Sheconfeesed this to her brother.
- Initially, she worked at a German bakery, Jiffy Lube (car maintenance & servicing), in a tax and retirement firm, and side-by-side she was studying to become a pediatric nurse.
- She joined the adult film industry at the age of 19, and in 2001, she changed her name to “Sunny Leone” on the advice of Bob Guccione (former owner of Penthouse magazine) after she posed for an adult men’s magazine called Penthouse.
- Also, her brother’s nickname is Sunny.
- She made her debut in Bollywood with a cameo in the film Kalyug (2005), but due to her demand of $1 million, director Mohit Suri backed-off.
- 7 years later, she made her Bollywood debut with the film Jism 2 (2012).
- She is the 1st Indian adult film star to make it into Bollywood films.
- She was said to be one of the top female porn actresses in the world in 2010.
- She loves rescued dogs that are in danger of death and has 2 of them, Lilu and Chopper.Sunny Leone with rescue dogs Lilu and Chopper
- She has a phobia when insects are concerned.
- She has her own perfume range called “Lust”.
Sunny made her foray into Bollywood in 2012 with filmmaker Pooja Bhatt’s Jism 2. Before this, she was a participant on a reality television show in 2012.
She was the Penthouse Pet of the Month in March 2001 and Penthouse Pet of the Year in 2003
She is a foodie by nature. Her favourite dish is steamed lime fish with sliced chillies. She enjoys Delhi’s street food and gol-gappas and dahi chaat are her favourites. She cheats on her diet with chocolates and parathas
Shewas in BBC’s 100 Most Influential Women list in the year 2016. With her on this list were four other Indian women, including a 105-year old environmentalist. At the time, she had said: “It’s your right as a woman to follow your dreams.”
She is a nature loving person
- She contributes to charities for cancer and is also an animal-rights supporter.
.She has revealed that she is shy and introvert by nature and only learned to open up during the promotions of her film Raees in 2016.
- Sunny has expressed her desire to work with actor Aamir Khan and has also hired his acting coach to help her hone her skills.
- Toronto-based filmmaker Dilip Mehta made a documentary on her that premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2016. Sunny doesn’t want this documentary to release in India.
- She follows all Bollywood stars on social media and among the actors she likes are Madhuri Dixit, Aamir Khan, Sonam Kapoor and Ranveer Singh, who she feels is “crazy and fun.”
Before working in the porn industry, Sunny worked in a German bakery, at Jiffy Lube, and later at a tax and retirement firm.
Sunny appeared on the Indian television for the first time in 2005 as a red carpet reporter for the MTV Awards on MTV India.
Sunny Leone happens to be the first Indian adult film star to make an entry into mainstream Bollywood films.
In 2010, she was adjudged as one of the 12 top female stars in porn by leading men’s magazine, Maxim.
“I informed my parents that I want to be a porn star after I won the Penthouse cover-of-the-year and 100, 000 dollars,” she once revealed in an interview.